[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-checkins] buildtools HowToRelease.rst, 1.1.2.1, 1.1.2.2

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Wed Feb 28 20:31:05 CET 2007

On 28-02-2007 19:12:44 +0000, Martin Kersten wrote:
> +- Strictly adhire to bug-fixes and feature updates. Nothing
> +  is a bugfix unless it is covered by a bugreport.

This is something that I thought of too.  Maybe it is a good idea to
report bugs on SF first, so your commit fixing the issue can refer to
the bug number.  This might also allow early feedback of other
developers on whether something is considered to be a bug or not.

While this might slow you down to "fix" the issue you found, it does
implement some sort of QA for the "stable" branches, which are supposed
to be stable and hence should be carefully moderated.  Since real
moderation is undesired, I think we can all agree that we don't want the
stable branch to be uncluttered of all kinds of non-bug-fixes.  Why else
would you like to have a stable branch otherwise?

If there is a need for faster "feature" releases, we probably should
just rebranch the trunk into a stable more often.  Features at the cost
of a known stable source base.