[Monetdb-developers] [XQUERY] compilation problem with burg

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Wed Feb 21 14:25:38 CET 2007

On 21-02-2007 14:16:10 +0100, Jens Teubner wrote:
> This looks really weird.  There is nothing really tricky or special
> about the burg code in normalize.brg.  The line that is mentioned in the
> error message declares the start terminal of burg's tree grammar.  What
> follows is a list of terminal symbols, the actual tree grammar, and
> action code (written in C).
>
> I guess you didn't modify anything in normalize.brg.  Can you process
> other files successfully with burg?  There's a bunch of them in the
> Pathfinder repository.  You find an additional tiny example in the burg
> repository (sample.gr).  I was wondering whether there is something
> broken with your burg build.

burg must be broken then... :(  I didn't use that much "super CFLAGS"
(-march=athlon64 -pipe -g -W -Wall):

(pegasus:current/buildtools/burg) fabian% $INSTALL_DIR/bin/burg sample.gr
#line 1 "sample.gr"

#include <stdio.h>

typedef struct node *NODEPTR_TYPE;

struct node {
        int op, state_label;
        NODEPTR_TYPE left, right;
};

#define OP_LABEL(p)     ((p)->op)
#define STATE_LABEL(p)  ((p)->state_label)
#define LEFT_CHILD(p)   ((p)->left)
#define RIGHT_CHILD(p)  ((p)->right)
#define PANIC           printf
line 18: syntax error

I probably hit a compiler error, because the only thing I can think of
is that, since I recently upgraded to 4.1.2.  Weird that that compiler
doesn't give problems on Solaris 10 though...

Thanks for your help in any case!