[Monetdb-developers] [XQUERY] compilation problem with burg

Jens Teubner jens.teubner at in.tum.de
Wed Feb 21 14:16:10 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 01:35:55PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> Maybe someone here can help me.  I got this weird error, and I don't
> know how to figure out what the real problem is.  It seems burg is
> emitting the message:
>
> [...]
> /ufs/fabian/scratch/monetdb/current/program-x86_64/bin/burg -c 1000 -d
> -I -p PFnormalize
> /ufs/fabian/scratch/monetdb/current/xquery/compiler/semantics/normalize.brg
> -o normalize.c
> line 68: syntax error
> make[4]: *** [normalize.c] Error 1
> [...]
>
> I'm confident I updated buildtools and pathfinder before compiling.
> The line that burg refers to is:
>
> %start Query

This looks really weird.  There is nothing really tricky or special
about the burg code in normalize.brg.  The line that is mentioned in the
error message declares the start terminal of burg's tree grammar.  What
follows is a list of terminal symbols, the actual tree grammar, and
action code (written in C).

I guess you didn't modify anything in normalize.brg.  Can you process
other files successfully with burg?  There's a bunch of them in the
Pathfinder repository.  You find an additional tiny example in the burg
repository (sample.gr).  I was wondering whether there is something
broken with your burg build.

Sorry I don't have any better ideas,

Jens

--
Jens Teubner
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Department of Informatics

Computers are like air conditioners: They stop
working properly if you open windows.