[Monetdb-developers] trying to use monetdb pathfinder

Arjen P. de Vries arjen at acm.org
Thu Feb 8 22:07:13 CET 2007

Another question - regarding the read-write vs. read-only mode:
* Can I only turn on read-write mode by giving a % of free pages to pf:add-doc?
* What is the recommended %; and, does it hurt to give 0% if I do append-only?

> > It is not mentioned on the web, and I cannot even find a test using
> > pf:add-doc... maybe I am looking in the wrong place for documentation?
>
> more documentation is pending --- please bear with us, also we have only 24h
> per day (25 is we skip lunch) ...

I know I know, but still...
maybe to document first, and to deprecate second would be a better
order of processing things over (no matter how limited) time!

A.

CWI, room C1.16          Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
Kruislaan 413                           Email: Arjen.de.Vries at cwi.nl
1098 SJ Amsterdam                       tel:       +31-(0)20-5924306
The Netherlands                         fax:       +31-(0)20-5924312