[Monetdb-developers] Mserver restart failure

Khaled Esmat kesmat at odlsecurities.com
Wed Feb 7 10:58:59 CET 2007

Can anyone help please. I have a problem which should be simple to
resolve, I am working under Windows platfrom and the problem is:

When I keep writing data into the monet database, once the database gets
large(>70k records), I simply can't shut down / restart the mserver. I
get either of the following:

1. Mserver: !OS: Permission denied
rename(bat\BACKUP\,bat\DELETE_ME\) failed.
-------------------
Or

2. !ERROR: GDKremovedir: rmdir(bat\BACKUP\) failed.
!OS: Permission denied.
!Error: BBPrecover_subdir: recovery failed. Please check whether your
disk is full or write protected.
!FATAL: BBPinit: cannot properly process bat\BACKUP\SUBCOMMIT\.

Then when I manually delete the folder subcommit after making sure its
empty, and restart the server it displays the version,copyright, visit
website, and then hangs up when it is supposed to start the MonetDB>
server.

Has anyone come across a similar problem on a Windows environment? I saw
on the web a similar bug reported but the recommended solution was to
-disable the indexing Service-, which did not resolve the problem. Site
name is: http://kdl.cs.umass.edu/software/FAQ.html

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Khaled