[Monetdb-developers] Release plans

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Aug 29 15:01:36 CEST 2007

We are planning to start a new "Stable" branch in about one to two weeks
time in preparation for a new release.  This new release will consist of
all packages.

I would like to ask all developers to be conservative with your checkins
until that time.  This does not mean you're not allowed to check in any
fixes or new features, just that I would like to urge you to make extra
sure that your changes work.  Also, by checking in any changes before we
create this new branch, you commit yourself to making sure that the
features work flawlessly in two weeks' time.

This new release will not contain many new features.  It is mostly a
bug-fix release with some new stuff.  We wanted to do a partial release,
but can't because of slight incompatibilities between the current
Development and Stable branches, so we need to release either nothing or
everything.  We've chosen everything.

By the way, this is independent from the SQL bug fix release which is
going to be released today (and hence will be superseded in a few weeks
time).

--
Sjoerd Mullender