[Monetdb-developers] Where to put XQuery modules in the source tree?

Keulen, M. van (Maurice) m.vankeulen at utwente.nl
Fri Apr 27 11:15:51 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Recently Jan Flokstra added for me a new extension module for
MonetDB/XQuery, called "probxml", in the pathfinder source tree. In this
way, I now have a good place to put the additional C-functions and
MIL-procs needed for probabilistic XML. I have, however, also XQuery
functions, i.e., an .xq file with "declare function foo (...) as ... {
... };" in it. To use them, a query needs to add the declaration "import
module namespace pxml = URL at LOCATION;"

My question is where to place the .xq file in the pathfinder source tree
and what to use as URL and LOCATION. Since this is a rather generic
source tree organization question, I decided to pose it here.

Kind regards,
Maurice.

Dr.Ir. M. van Keulen - Assistant Professor, Data Management Technology
Univ. of Twente, Dept of EEMCS, POBox 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands
Email: m.vankeulen at utwente.nl, Phone: +31 534893688, Fax: +31 534892927
Room: ZI 3039, WWW: http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~keulen