[Monetdb-developers] Question about milprint_summer

Keulen, M. van (Maurice) m.vankeulen at utwente.nl
Fri Apr 20 13:50:13 CEST 2007

Hi all,

For my research on probabilistic XML, I need some additional functions
in XQuery implemented in mil. By means of copying code from existing
functions in milprint_summer, I've been able to get some things working,
but I still do not have the feeling that I understand the meaning and
purpose of all the bats. For example, what's this ipik bat? There seem
to be two interfaces (NORMAL and VALUES) that pass data from one
subexpression to the next. My question is (I guess): which bats are
involved in each of the interfaces and which conditions hold and do I
need to adhere to wrt these bats? Is there some documentation around
about this? I checked the pathfinder Wiki, but it, for example, gives no
result for a search for "ipik".

FYI, I have to develop for milprint_summer, because of the recursion
patterns that are not supported yet in the algebra backend. Furthermore,
I did of course ask Jan and Henning, but they also seem to struggle on
this point.

Thanks for any help and or comments.
Maurice.

Dr.Ir. M. van Keulen - Assistant Professor, Data Management Technology
Univ. of Twente, Dept of EEMCS, POBox 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands
Email: m.vankeulen at utwente.nl, Phone: +31 534893688, Fax: +31 534892927
Room: ZI 3039, WWW: http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~keulen