[Monetdb-developers] debugging question

Henning Rode h.rode at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 20 11:54:29 CEST 2007

hej developers,

we have a debugging question...
we have an xquery which stops the Mserver with the following output:

MonetDB>!FATAL: BATpropcheck: BAT tmp_350(232) has inconsistent
descriptor 16384 (40000)

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev):
0x0000000001488c10 ***
Aborted

while going line for line through the generated mil-code, we found that
the system stops at the outerjoin of the following two BATs:

print(tmp);
tmp.info().print();
print(item);
item.info().print();
# fflush();
tmp := tmp.outerjoin(item); # here crashes the Mserver

we attached the output of the inserted print statements.

the main problem is: the original xquery calls our pf/tijah functions,
but the error occurs far later in the code (possibly still caused by
pf/tijah code), but how should we debug this? the two argument BATs are
printable and we also can't see any obvious problems in the BATinfo. can
we for instance call such a BATpropcheck from mil?

best -henning & jan