[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-sql-checkins] sql/src/server sql_schema.mx, 1.122, 1.123

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Wed Apr 18 11:36:48 CEST 2007

> If you look at the code, the t was not used anywhere in that function.
> It was assigned a value, and that's it.  That's what icc warns about
> (and rightly so!).  Stefan's question boils down to the question, should
> that t have been used after it had been assigned, i.e. did you need to
> do anything with the result of the function call?  If not, then the
> assignment and hence the variable was superfluous.

thanks for the "translation", Sjoerd! ;-)

In fact, this "picky" icc has detected a lot of real bugs in the code by
complaining about unused variables, parameters and alike;
that's why I asked Romulo to have a second look at the code --- no
"complaint" from my side just a hint to accept and exploit the help that the
compilers (and testing) provide us ...