[Monetdb-developers] New probabilistic Pathfinder module

Jan Flokstra flokstra at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 13 15:31:02 CEST 2007

Hello All,

I would like to create a new Pathfinder software module for Maurice to
experiment with probabilistic XML queries. We want to experiment with some
new probabilistic XQuery functions and implement a couple of new MIL support
functions. I would like to do this in the same way we implemented pftijah, so
with a './configure --enable-probxml=no' and a HAVE_PROBXML #define. The
module will not be compiled by default and it will be located in
$PATHFINDER/modules/probxml. I have two questions about this:

1) are there any objections against this new module within Pathfinder or
suggestions about another way to this.

2) can I do this myself without breaking anything taking the pftijah stuff as
an example or does somebody with more bootstrap/configure experience want to
do this himself.

JanF.