[Monetdb-developers] multiple XQuery statements in one xq file

Djoerd Hiemstra hiemstra at cs.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 13 12:33:09 CEST 2007

Dear Sjoerd or other developers,

Could you please change the "MapiClient -lx" protocol such that the end
of query does not coincide with end-of-file? We would like to provide
little XQuery scripts with multiple XQuery statements, but of course I
cannot put the end-of-file mark into that file without ending the file
(well, you know what I mean). Any end-of-query marker will do, but ';'
would be prefered I guess, to stay in line with Mil and SQL.

For instance (Similar to having multiple SQL insert statements):

pf:add-doc("http://www.utwente.nl/a1.xml", "a1.xml");
pf:add-doc("http://www.utwente.nl/a2.xml", "a2.xml");
pf:add-doc("http://www.utwente.nl/a3.xml", "a3.xml");

I know I can do this in one transaction, but I do not want to.

Best,  Djoerd.