[Monetdb-developers] Building accelerators

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Wed Apr 11 07:05:10 CEST 2007

Agustin Schapira wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, Martin.
>
>> The new crackers and database partitioning modules follow this approach.
>> The choice for a C-data structure is often chosen when the programmer is
>> not trained to properly use the GDK (BAT) data structures directly.
>
> Are there any specific examples that I can look at? Where at the new
> crackers and database partitioning modules?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -- A

Both modules are in MonetDB5/src/modules/mal/{bpm.mx,crackers.mx}
The former is under active development. It uses an internal structure
with import/export to BATs as part of the session startup/exit.
The latter is currently subject to reduction and cleanup to improve
re-user and maintenance. It uses an AVL tree to keep a catalog of
routing information in memory.

regards, Martin