[Monetdb-developers] Error with the Java Client

Jim Foley jfoley at jjfoley.com
Fri Sep 22 16:47:13 CEST 2006

I am doing some testing with MonetDB and the java client.  I have a
repeatable error that I am not sure if it is a but or the way I am using
the tool.  I have an Oracle background so it could be me.  Java client
connection on Windows 2000 Professional to MonetDB on openSuSe 10.1
using SQL. Thanks for your help.

Jim Foley

C:\MonetDB Client>java -jar jdbcclient-1.4.jar -h 192.168.1.101 -d demo
-u voc
password:

Welcome to the MonetDB interactive JDBC terminal!
Database: MonetDB 4.13.1
Driver: MonetDB Native Driver 1.4 (Dilate 20060918)
Type \q to quit, \h for a list of available commands
auto commit mode: on
voc-> \d
voc-> start transaction;
Operation successful

auto commit mode: off
voc-> select * from tables;
Error: SELECT: no such table 'tables'
voc->
voc-> create table test
voc=> (id int, jimnum decimal(38,2));
Error: current transaction is aborted (please ROLLBACK)
voc-> \d
A fatal exception occurred: java.sql.SQLException: current transaction
is aborted (please ROLLBACK)
java.sql.SQLException: current transaction is aborted (please ROLLBACK)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetConnection$ResponseList.executeQuery(MonetConne
ction.java:2292)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetConnection$ResponseList.processQuery(MonetConne
ction.java:2045)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetStatement.internalExecute(MonetStatement.java:3
57)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetStatement.execute(MonetStatement.java:326)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetStatement.executeQuery(MonetStatement.java:390)
        at
nl.cwi.monetdb.client.JdbcClient.processInteractive(JdbcClient.java:646)
        at nl.cwi.monetdb.client.JdbcClient.main(JdbcClient.java:476)

C:\MonetDB Client>