[Monetdb-developers] Monetdb-developers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 7

Jim Foley jfoley at jjfoley.com
Mon Sep 18 13:07:13 CEST 2006

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 08:37:24 +0200
>From: Fabian Groffen <Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl>
>Subject: Re: [Monetdb-developers] Compiled ok under openSUSE 10.1 (32
	bit)	but some errors in the tests

>Hi Jim,
>
>Thanks for your interest in MonetDB/SQL.
>
>On 15-09-2006 19:09:10 -0400, Jim Foley wrote:
>> I freed up a linux server and got MonetDB 4.12.0 and the SQL client
>> compile and run under openSUSE 10.1 with a AMD 3800 64 bit processor.

>> It seems to work fine but I am getting some errors on the test for
>> both the DB and the SQL client. I understand from the archives that
>> some errors are normal.  Is there a list of errors on each platform?
>> can just copy off the test results before I compile it with as a 64
>> bit app and compare the results but I would prefer to clean up the
>> errors if I can under the 32 bit app before I try it under 64 bits.
>> have a DBA background and I could just be being anal. ;-)

>If you want to be sure, post the names of the tests failing.  We don't
have a list of failing tests.  You can also compare >your output to that
of our (SuSE) test machines on: >>
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/MonetDB/.mTests03/
index.html
>and
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testing/projects/monetdb/Stable/sql/.mTests03/inde
x.html

>I hope this helps.
>
>Regards

Fabian,

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.

Jim Foley