[Monetdb-developers] Cygwin: implicit declaration of function closesocket

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Mon Sep 18 13:06:33 CEST 2006

On 2006-09-18 11:04, Jens Teubner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a student of ours is trying to compile the current CVS snapshot (the
> tarball from the website) on Windows using Cygwin.
>
> He's getting the error
>
> stream.mx:1471:implicit declaration of function closesocket.
>
> In the attached config.log, it seems like closesocket could be detected
> (i.e., successfully linked in).  Is there maybe some #include missing in
> stream.mx to declare closesocket()?

I'm working on it.  closesocket is required for MinGW, but I think not
on Cygwin.  I have to refine the tests in configure.

> The attached config.log, by the way, is full of `gcc: unrecognized
> option `-no-undefined'' warnings.  Is this supposed to be like this?

Stupid configure.  -no-undefined is required as an option to ld so it is
added to LDFLAGS.  But configure passes it to gcc during testing.  (In
real life, libtool passes it directly to ld.)

--
Sjoerd Mullender