[Monetdb-developers] Error with MonetDB 4.12.0 for Windows

W.Alink at cwi.nl W.Alink at cwi.nl
Fri Sep 8 19:47:42 CEST 2006

The default location of MonetDB databases is something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\MonetDB\dbfarm

Make this folder empty (at least, if you accept to lose any information
stored in the MonetDB databases you have created earlier).

And now I come to think of it; is actually quite confusing if you have a
look at the MonetDB.conf file (in C:\Program Files\CWI\MonetDB\etc\),
which states:

---snap---
# Where MonetDB is installed
prefix=C:\Program Files\CWI\MonetDB
exec_prefix=C:\Program Files\CWI\MonetDB

# GDK Section
#============

# All databases are stored as a directory under the directory
# given below.  Use this value to change the overall location
# of your data.
gdk_dbfarm=${prefix}\var\MonetDB\dbfarm
---end-snap---

you'd expect something different. Only when looking at Mserver.bat:

---snap---
set MONETDBDIR=%APPDATA%\MonetDB
set MONETDBFARM="--dbfarm=%MONETDBDIR%\dbfarm"
---end-snap---

you finally understand where the dbfarm is located.

Grtz,
Wouter