[Monetdb-developers] OS: Not enough space (again)

Erwin Leonardi erwinleonardi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 04:11:06 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I tried to shred 1GB XML data into MonetDB. However, I faced the same
problem as
Klarinda. The error is as follows.

-------------- Error ---------------
ERROR = !ERROR: MT_mmap: MapViewOfFile(68c, 2, 0, 0, 436731904, 0) failed
        !OS: Not enough space
        !GDKmmap(436731904) fail => BBPtrim(enter)
usage[mem=212972396,vm=803209216]
---------- End Error ---------------

I use a PC with 1GB RAM, more than 5GB free hard disk space, and WinXP SP2
as OS.
I have tried to set Windows' page file to 2GB. I read the previous postings
regarding
the same problem. I notice that Stefan has done similar experiment using his
laptop
(Pentium M (Dothan) 1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2.1 GB free disk space; running
Fedora
Core 5 Linux (Kernel 2.6.17)).

My question is whether I need more than 1GB RAM if I want to shred 1GB XML
data.

Thanks
Erwin Leonardi