[Monetdb-developers] starting a new user...

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Mon Oct 30 11:56:49 CET 2006

Dear developers,

I created a user, schema and I set the new schema for the new user:

CREATE SCHEMA "test" AUTHORIZATION "public";

CREATE USER "monet_test" WITH PASSWORD 'pass_test' NAME 'TEST USER'
SCHEMA "sys";

ALTER USER "monet_test" SET SCHEMA "test";

Then I connect the new user with a mclient:

[goncalve at amelia Dependencies]$ mclient -umonet_test -Ppass_test
MAPI  = monet_test at localhost:50000
ACTION= mapi_start_talking
ERROR = !InvalidCredentialsException:checkCredentials:Invalid
credentials for user 'monet_test'
[goncalve at amelia Dependencies]$

What is the problem with the user creation? The authorization for the
schema is public this means that any user can use the schema "test". I
am right or wrong?

I will appreciate some help.

Best Regards,
Romulo Goncalves