[Monetdb-developers] Crash leaves me unable to start mserver

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Oct 9 11:14:53 CEST 2006

Hi Joe,

thanks for being interested in and using MonetDB.

To be able to analize your problem, we'd require some more detailed
information from you:

- Which version of MonetDB / MonetDB/SQL are you using?
  Did you install a binayr distribution or compile from source?
- Which operating system are you running MonetDB/SQL on?

- How much physical (RAM) and virtual (swap) memory does your machine have?

- How much free space is on your disk (in particular the partition/"drive"
  where MonetDB's "dbfarm" is stored, both before loading and after loading
  (i.e., after the crash)?

- Can you specify "several" million records a bit more?
  Is it 1-9 million or rather 90-99 million?
  How wide are your records? How do(es) your table(s) look like?

- How do you load via odbc, in bulk (e.g., copy into) or row-by-row
  (insert)?

- Is there any error message when the server crashes?

- Is there any error message when restaring the server fails after the JDBC
  crash?

Kind regards,

Stefan