[Monetdb-developers] Triggers owner..

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Wed Nov 29 13:30:46 CET 2006

Dear developers,

I am using SQL cvs head and M5.

If I create a table and a new user with a mclient:

create user "user_test" with password 'pass' NAME 'test1_user' SCHEMA "sys";

create table t1 (id int);

If then I connect with the new user and I create a trigger on t1:

create trigger test1 after insert on t1
         insert into t1 values(12);

I do not get any error.
Well, depending on the approach followed in MonetDB it can be a bug or not.
(1) If we decide that a trigger over a table can only be created by the
table owner (in this case the monetdb user is the owner of t1) this is a
bug.
(2) If any user is allowed to create a trigger over any table, this is
not a bug.

What approach is followed by MonetDB?
If any which one we should choose?
In my opinion we should choose the first approach.

Regards,
Romulo