[Monetdb-developers] Concurrency Problem Mserver

Robin Aly r.aly at ewi.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 24 18:21:16 CET 2006

Hello

>>     as I am trying to get some experiments with PFTijah to work I
>> encountered endless loops while executing some queries. Setting
>> the debug_level to 1024 gave me a list of locks which were obviously
>> competing about some resource. The attachment tries to describe what
> No, you  only see what locks are set and released. In a database kernel
> locks should be set as short as possible.
> So, unless you are running multiple clients, this is not immediately
> pointing to a resource concurrency conflict.
    yes, that what I thought as well. But these locks are repeatedly set and
unset for multiple minutes (I assume the hex number at the end of
the message is the representation for the lock?) The dump I sent is only
a "short" extraction of what got logged.

Best regards,
Robin

--
Robin Aly (PhD student, University Twente)
Phone: +31 (53) 489 4520
email: r.aly at ewi.utwente.nl