[Monetdb-developers] MapiClient asynchronous interface?

Johann Borck johann.borck at densedata.com
Sat Nov 18 16:11:04 CET 2006

Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Hi Johann,
>
> I don't really understand what you mean by "asynchronous" in the sense
> of Mapi(Client).  Can you give an example of what you ideally would like
> to do?

I'd like to use nonblocking sockets, so that I can send a request to
MonetDB, and the call returns immediately. When monet sends data, the
client is notified (by poll/select or similar) and processes data as it
arrives. Because this is the core-functionality of my webserver anyway
I'd like to prevent it from blocking on a recv/read on the socket,
because that would force me to use dedicated threads for db-connections.