[Monetdb-developers] Not descriptive error message

Robin Aly r.aly at ewi.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 17 13:36:39 CET 2006

Hello all,

that is my first mail to this list, so please apologize if I do mistakes.

I recently compiled MonetDB on a NFS-home-directory (stupid, now
that I think of it). The error message I got was:
!FATAL: GDKlockHome: Database lock '.gdk_lock' denied

After some investigations I found out that in
/cvsroot/monetdb/MonetDB/src/gdk/gdk_posix.mx
the original OS-error message was discarded and a simple error-return-value
was choosen. I suggest to change it to something like what is attached
to this mail.

Best regards,
Robin

--
Robin Aly (PhD student, University Twente)
Phone: +31 (53) 489 4520
email: r.aly at ewi.utwente.nl