[Monetdb-developers] [Monetdb-pf-checkins] pathfinder/compiler/sql sql.c, 1.5, 1.6

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 7 11:26:28 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 10:59:42AM +0100, Manuel Mayr wrote:
> Already done, some of you have very restrictive compilers ;) My compiler
> accepts this input so i didn't see it.

that's just fine.

before checking in, you should ("must";-)) only ensure, that your code
compiles with your favorite compiler (and configure settings) on your
favorite system.

Automatic nightly testing (cf. http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Development/TestWeb/)
will take care of testing other platforms, compilers, configure settings,
etc. and tell you (via email; guess you got ther first one this morning),
in case things come out "unexpectedly"; then, you should try to analyse/fix
the problems, or ask someone else to do so, in case you're not sure how to
fix it yourself.

We use strict compilers and compiler setting because these often help us to
find bugs in the code.

Stefan

ps: Willkommen im Team! ;-)