[Monetdb-developers] multiplex string-add returns empty BAT

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Thu May 18 20:11:10 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your interest in MonetDB.

On 18-05-2006 19:54:19 +0200, Peter Roozemaal wrote:
> I am using monetdb 4.10.2 on an AMD64 Gentoo Linux system (the Gentoo
> ebuild). I suspect there's a bug in the handling of the multiplex
> string-add:

Just for the record, this probably means you're running an x86 profile,
right?  The ebuild is not keyworded amd64 and is said to have issues with
compilation on amd64.

> The following mil code:
>
> var xxx := "aap noot mies".split(" ");
> (xxx [+] xxx).print();
>
> prints an empty BAT:
>
> #-----------------#
> # h     t         # name
> # void  str       # type
>
> where I expected:
> [ nil,  "aapaap"   ]
> [ nil,  "nootnoot" ]
> [ nil,  "miesmies" ]
>
> It looks like every invocation of the string [+] gives an empty result.

I tried this on my Mserver and got indeed the same results, after trying
some alternative things as well.  So it looks like a bug to me.