[Monetdb-developers] MapiClient connet problem

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Wed May 10 12:49:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I seems that the mil support is not started by default.  You can do this
by typing on the server prompt:
mapi_start();

After this command MapiClient should work.  Beware that mil mode (the
default) does not allow you to easily express XQuery queries; instead
use the -lxquery flag.  I don't know how this is done in the Windows
version, but unfortunately MapiClient can't do an interactive session
with xquery, so you have to give the file you want to execute as
argument.

If someone using Windows knows how this can be done the best way, please
fill me in.

Regards