[Monetdb-developers] overflow checks in the Pathfinder shredder?

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Wed Jun 21 13:39:01 CEST 2006

Jan F. (and/or others),

did I understand you correctly on Tuesday that there are checks
in the pathfinder shredder (XQuery_0-12 release branch)
that detect overflows in case of huge documents, i.e.,

	level > GDK_chr_max
	size  > GDK_int_max
	OIDs  > GDK_oid_max

and generate the respective errors?

If not, shouldn't we add them, and trigger a proper error in case they
occur?

The same question arises also for (intermediate) results during query
processing...