[Monetdb-developers] Pathfinder License update?

Torsten Grust torsten.grust at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 20:45:43 CEST 2006

Hello all,

On Jun 17, 2006, 3:46 PM, Stefan Manegold wrote with possible deletions:
> [...] This obviously triggers two questions
>
> 1) Should the copyright statement in all pathfinder files be updated
>    accordingly (both in the development trunk and the XQuery_0-12
> release
>    branch)?

Yes, the statement should be consistent in all files.

> 2) Should we replace
> 	"University of Konstanz", "UKO", & "Konstanz"
                                     ^^^
				    UKN
>    by
> 	"Technische Universitaet Muenchen", "TUM", & "Muenchen"
>    in the Pathfinder license
>    http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Development/Legal/PathfinderLicense-1.1/
> index.html
>    (and hence possible update is to version 1.2)?

I strongly suggest to do exactly this.  The Konstanz ''leftovers''
really sheds the wrong light on the project.  Even more so since
Konstanz is still working in a closely related area (see EXPDB
2006 ;-).   The Munich shift will avoid confusion.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    --Teggy

--