[Monetdb-developers] pathfinder release: bugfixing opportunity

Wouter Alink (DT) wouter at holmes.nl
Thu Jun 8 10:00:41 CEST 2006

Forgot to answer my question:

The problem with the stack that was too small has been fixed. The
StandOff-joins now increase the stack-size whenever it grows
out-of-bound.
The StandOff-axes in the stable branch still have two bugs to fix that I
know of:
- sorting of the final result (with multiple iters, the result is not
sorted at the moment). The current work-around is adding a self-step
directly after the StandOff-step.
- David Ahn mentioned another bug, when nesting 3 for-loops, each using
the select-narrow-axis the output is garbage, but I don't know whether
this bug is related to the sorting, or perhaps to another part of
MonetDB/XQuery. Still have to figure this out.

Greetings,
Wouter