[Monetdb-developers] pathfinder release: bugfixing opportunity

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Thu Jun 8 09:41:37 CEST 2006

[Please use the MonetDB-developers mailing list
 (monetdb-developers at lists.sourceforge.net) for this kind of discussions, and
 make sure you're subscribed to it (with your current email address). Thanks!]

I suggest to not checkin any changes to the XQuery_0-10 stable branch of
pathfinder, but to wait until we (Niels, Sjoerd, me) create the new
XQuery_0-12 stable branch (together with the new MonetDB_4-12 & SQL_2-12
release branches) early next week.
Of course, you're free and welcome to try to compile pathfinder's stable
branch (XQuery_0-10) with the current MonetDB 4.11 development trunk to
sort-out the problems and start fixing them off-line.

The short-term "feature-freeze" for the "intermediate release" applied only
to MonetDB & sql; as Peter explained, for pathfinder we plan only porting of
XQuery_0-10 to comply/compile with MonetDB 4.11 as well as applying bugfixes
(including back-porting bug fixes from XQuery 0.11 as far as
necessary/possible).

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:44:03AM +0200, Jan Rittinger wrote:
> [...]

and:

1410662  	  PF: tests tests/XQuery/Tests/typing[12].xq fail
1365379  	  PF: "stable order by"
1351516  	  PF: attribute after non-attribute content
1207048  	  XQuery: crashtest

those that are "not (yet?) fixable" should be close with the proper
comment/explanation.

Stefan