[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB release meeting

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Tue Jun 6 09:13:30 CEST 2006

On 06-06-2006 07:28:22 +0200, Martin Kersten wrote:
> Wat zijn de verbeteringen aan de API kant?
{improvements on the API side}

I don't know about API changes in SQL.  I think the XQuery people have.
The only thing that comes close IMO is the change to have every language
(mil, sql, xquery) work on the same port on the server: 50000.

> PHP has been renovated completely, but doesn't work on Windows yet?
> JDBC issues? Authorization issues?

- PHP: new and improved, now without crashes!  (PostgreSQL compatible)
- JDBC: no changes (that I know of)
- Authorisation: would like my patches to get into the M5 release, but I
  cannot figure out how to do some little things, hence upon restart of
  the server authorisation doesn't work any more.

> Oftewel, wat is er wel te 'verkopen'?
{IOW, what can we 'sell'}

Not much.  Just bugfixes and improved stability for SQL.  The focus is
for the XQuery people to define their new features.