[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB release meeting

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Mon Jun 5 14:23:23 CEST 2006

Alpha release of the MonetDB V5 05-05-2006
- Responsible: Martin/Niels
- Delay: mostly due to agenda constraints
dissemination of a workable system.
-- M5/SQL quality >= M4/SQL
-- Testweb is 99% clean
- New Date: any day now

- Roadblocks:
--the envisioned meta-bootstrap is not available, which
requires users to be aware on how to compile/install SQL and M4 kernel
[Stefan? weeks into the future]
-- the distribution should be tested on Windows as well.
[Sjoerd? days into the future?]

-Features foreseen in 2006:
-- SQL documentation completion
-- Replication Services
-- Distributed Query Execution
-- Merge with (revamped) MonetDB web
-- Datacell demo application

As soon as the first XQuery examples run, the full-release
date will be set, marking the transition to the 5-line and
consequential roll-forward of other bits & pieces.

regards, Martin