[Monetdb-developers] feature freeze

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Jun 5 13:13:22 CEST 2006

Peter, Niels, et al.,

maybe, we should indeed reconsider the planning, and at least postpone the
branch creation until after the meeting on Wednesday.

My idea for the branches was rather a "feature split" than a (hard) feature
freeze: separate the release-related development (XUpdate, XRPC, StandOff)
from the non release-related development (TIJAH, algebra, ...) in order to
avoid potential conflicts and/or other mutall impact.
However, I might have under-estimated the work that still has to be done
(be)for a desired/reasonable release, and hence the propagation work/overhead
as pointed ot by Peter.

Comments?

Stefan