[Monetdb-developers] CVS and Monet5

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Sat Jul 29 09:36:21 CEST 2006

On 26-07-2006 16:48:23 -0400, Luis Zarrabeitia wrote:
> checks out Monet4.1x rather than Monet5 / Monet4.99.
> How do I checkout the later?

MonetDB 5 (4.99.19) is not yet available on public CVS.  This should
soon be done, so it will become available through SourceForge's CVS.

> I made some changes to 4.1x that I'd like to try on 4.99 before submitting
> them (they are so short that I feel I made a MAJOR mistake somewhere, so I'll
> be testing them at least one more day).

Depending on where you made the changes, they either 1) are exactly the
same for MonetDB 5, or 2) are completely different from the MonetDB 5
code base.

> Btw, should I submit the .diffs to this list?

If the diff (-u please) is small, you can submit them to this list, or
if you like that more, submit it as feature request with patch attached.

I'm looking forward to your patch!