[Monetdb-developers] Problem editing the .mx files.

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Jul 19 17:44:42 CEST 2006

On 07/19/2006 05:02 PM, Luis Zarrabeitia wrote:
> Hello.
> I need to pipe data into a monetdb database (something along the lines
> of 'myprocess | MapiClient -s "COPY ...."'. It doesn't seem to be possible
> out-of-the-box, so I wanted to poke around in the code to find out why and
> how to fix it (if needed), and hopefully submit a patch.
>
> I've been having a problem with that (playing with the code). I don't know how
> to 'compile' the modified .mx files in the sql module. I have both bison and
> flex installed, but the makefile uses the commands 'x' and 'l' to process
> the .mx, and I don't have any idea of what x and l are.
>
> So, in a nutshell, my question is: "How do I recompile the sql module after I
> modify the .mx files? What are 'x' and 'l'?"

You will definitely need the buildtools package and possibly the MonetDB
package, both from the MonetDB repository at SourceForge.  In MonetDB
there is a file HowToStart which explains how to get buildtools and then
refers you to the README file in buildtools on how to compile that.

--
Sjoerd Mullender