[Monetdb-developers] Problem editing the .mx files.

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Wed Jul 19 17:02:02 CEST 2006

Hello.
I need to pipe data into a monetdb database (something along the lines
of 'myprocess | MapiClient -s "COPY ...."'. It doesn't seem to be possible
out-of-the-box, so I wanted to poke around in the code to find out why and
how to fix it (if needed), and hopefully submit a patch.

I've been having a problem with that (playing with the code). I don't know how
to 'compile' the modified .mx files in the sql module. I have both bison and
flex installed, but the makefile uses the commands 'x' and 'l' to process
the .mx, and I don't have any idea of what x and l are.

So, in a nutshell, my question is: "How do I recompile the sql module after I
modify the .mx files? What are 'x' and 'l'?"

Regards,

Zarrabeitia.