[Monetdb-developers] Getting the correct jar files

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Tue Jul 18 14:38:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in MonetDB.

On 18-07-2006 14:25:11 +0200, Berny Linnemann wrote:
> Hello,
> I have got a problem with my attempt getting the correct JAR files to
> use the XML:DB driver as mentioned in this link:
> http://www.monetdb.nl/TechDocs/APIs/JDBC/node9.html
> In this article a location is specified they explain how to create the
> needed jar files. But I can't find the textfile ther refer

This location is in the CVS sources.  If you downloaded the source
tarball, you should be able to find it in "src/jdbc/lib/README" of the
SQL sources.  (Yes, sorry, it's in the SQL package.)

> to in this article. I downloaded a few binary and source but couldn't
> find the needed textfile. So what do I need to do getting this
> textfile?  Berny

You need the SQL sources, the file contains this message:

In order to be able to compile the MonetDB XML:DB driver, this directory
needs to contain the xmldb jar-file, which cannot be included here by
default for license issues.

In order to get the xmldb.jar file from the eXist project SF CVS server
type:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at exist.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/exist co
-r1.3 eXist-1.0/lib/core/xmldb.jar
mv eXist-1.0/lib/core/xmldb.jar .
rm -R eXist-1.0

(note, I just fixed the commands, these work)

After done this (in the lib dir), run in the jdbc dir:
% ant jar_xmldb
to build the xmldb driver.  It will be built as jars/monetdb-xmldb.jar.

Let us know if problems persist.