[Monetdb-developers] Another Question about use Aqua Datastudio

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Mon Jul 17 10:58:33 CEST 2006

There is currently no way to configure MonetDB/ODBC through a
configuration dialog.  On the other hand, there would be very little to
configure.  There is currently only one user (monetdb) with a fixed
password (monetdb), and there is only one database available (MonetDB).
 The only choices you have are the host and the port.  The server, by
default, only accepts connections from the localhost, and on a fixed
port (50000).

However, you can use the SQLDriverConnect function to specify the
necessary parameters.  E.g.:

SQLDriverConnect(dbc, NULL,
"DSN=Monetdb;UID=monetdb;PWD=monetdb;host=10.78.90.17;PORT=50000",
SQL_NTS, NULL, 0, NULL, SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT);

As to using Aqua Studio, I don't know whether that uses SQLDriverConnect
(in which case it might be possible to have it use the above form), or
SQLConnect (in which case it is not possible to specify a different host
name).