[Monetdb-developers] Another Question about use Aqua Datastudio

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Sun Jul 16 15:52:37 CEST 2006

The latest documentation is shown below.
I'm trying out version 4.7 to see if there are changes we should know about.

regards, Martin

2.8.1 Aqua Data Studio

Aqua Data Studio is a graphical user interface to interact with
MonetDB/SQL. It is available on Windows, Linux, and MacOS platforms from
the distribution site. Download the Version 4.5 executable and install
the software.

The first step to make Aqua Data Studio aware of MonetDB is to register
the database server . Go to the Server->Register Server panel and select
the Generic- JDBC RDBMS theme. It requires the following additional
field settings:

Name: 	MonetDB SQL
Type: 	Whatever you want
Login Name: 	monetdb
Password: 	monetdb
URL 	jdbc:monetdb://localhost/database
Driver: 	nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetDriver
Driver Location: 	C:\Program
Files\CWI\MonetDB\share\MonetDB\lib\monetdb-1.3-jdbc.jar

The location of the JDBC driver under Linux and OSX is by default
/usr/share/MonetDB/lib/monetdb-1.3-jdbc.jar.

Once the settings has been completed, start the MonetDB server and try
to connect. If necessary extend the heap size of your java engine, e.g.
use -Xmx1024M .