[Monetdb-developers] Question about remote connection to MonetDB

china-davy dbms_liudawei at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Jul 16 11:12:52 CEST 2006

Hi:
I am a starter of MonetDB.I encountered a problem about conneting a remote
MoneDB server via ODBC.The problem is discribed as follows:
Given that the MonetDB server is running on a host(10.20.30.1),and,the
Application program is running on a host (10.20.30.2).The MonetDB version is
the windows version.I have tried to connet the server through the ODBC
connect string in my appliction program,but failed,by the way,I am ensure
the connect string is correct.
My question is:
1.Can MonetDB server be connected via ODBC driver from a remote Application
Clinet?
2.If it is so,how can I connet the MonetDB server.Wether need I do some
configuration in the configure file of the MonetDB server?
Waiting for your suggestion!Thanks!

best regards!

Davy
China