[Monetdb-developers] [M5] inclusion of generated manual material in CVS

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Mon Jul 3 09:46:54 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Currently, the M5 repository contains generated documentation maintained
by the VCS.  Apart from that it changes with every commit in the Mx
documentation, it is kind of overdone, since this documentation is
generated, and should be generated.

I believe the original motivation for inclusion of the generated docs
was to have it included in the release tarbal.  If this is the sole
reason, I would propose to remove the generated documentation (and PDF
files) from the VCS and make/update the release scripts to generate this
documentation on the fly.

If nobody objects, I'd like to remove the generated documentation from
the VCS in the next few days.