[Monetdb-developers] conf.bash

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Dec 1 12:00:19 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:35:05AM +0100, Stefan Manegold wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:21:40AM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > Dear developers,
> >
> > While trying to update conf.bash, I encountered the following problems:
> >
> > 1) I cannot find times100, misq and acoi
> > 2) In playpen and gis conf.bash isn't identical to the other locations
>
> times100, misq (and possibly also acoi) are dead, just like playpen and gis.
>
> I'll update the checkin warnigs accordingly.

Done.

> > Further I wonder why conf.bash isn't just in buildtools for those who
> > need it, but replicated in all modules.  It is a great pain to keep them
> > in sync it seems, and causes a lot of email.
>
> I'll consider it --- for the chrismas "holidays" ...
> likewise, I'm considering to turn the Mtest_* & Mapprove_* aliases (defined
> in conf/conf.bash) into scripts located in */src/tools --- will make
> conf/conf.bash simpler, and the (handy?) scripts available also for those
> that do not use conf/conf.bash ...

Likewise, "bootstrap" & "de-bootstrap" could be kept in buildtools, only,
instead of keeping them synced across all repositories (requires a bit more
work, as bootstrap of buildtools differs from the remaining ones --- another
chirstmas job for me ...).
This would only leave */rules.mk to be kept *identical* in all repositories,
and */configure.ag, */Run*, */MonetDB*.spec[.in], */src/tools/* (for
statically linked Mserver and Mbedded*) "aligned"/"alike" in all
repositories (where present) ...