[Monetdb-developers] conf.bash

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Fri Dec 1 11:35:05 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:21:40AM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> While trying to update conf.bash, I encountered the following problems:
>
> 1) I cannot find times100, misq and acoi
> 2) In playpen and gis conf.bash isn't identical to the other locations

times100, misq (and possibly also acoi) are dead, just like playpen and gis.

I'll update the checkin warnigs accordingly.

> Further I wonder why conf.bash isn't just in buildtools for those who
> need it, but replicated in all modules.  It is a great pain to keep them
> in sync it seems, and causes a lot of email.

I'll consider it --- for the chrismas "holidays" ...
likewise, I'm considering to turn the Mtest_* & Mapprove_* aliases (defined
in conf/conf.bash) into scripts located in */src/tools --- will make
conf/conf.bash simpler, and the (handy?) scripts available also for those
that do not use conf/conf.bash ...

Stefan