[Monetdb-developers] OpenSSL default detection

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Fri Apr 28 18:10:04 CEST 2006

In conf/monet.m4 openssl detection is currently set to default to "no".
Since I want to make use of the SHA1 and MD5 hashes from openssl and
think that this should be enabled by default, I was wondering if there
are objections agains setting "have_openssl=auto", such that
auto-detection is done, and OpenSSL will be used whenever available.

If I see no objections within a few days, I will assume it is ok to make
this change to conf/monet.m4.