[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB seems not to list FreeBSD as a supported platform

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Mon Apr 17 12:46:53 CEST 2006

Jukka A. Ukkonen wrote:
> Quoting Stefan Manegold:
>

> 	I did a quick "make ; make check" and at least that did not
> 	whine awfully much compare to the number of test it did.
> 	Anyhow eventually the test complained in relatively strong
> 	words...
>
>  !ERROR:  Testing FAILED SIGNIFICANTLY !
>
>     1 out of 296 tests could not be executed
>     2 out of 296 tests produced slightly different output
>     4 out of 296 tests produced SIGNIFICANTLY different output
This is very promising. Some tests are bound to fail.
If you can sent their 'names', we can check it against our set.

> 	Have you done any other documented performance comparisons
> 	with lets say postgresql but the one table shown in
>
> 		<http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Research/Benchmarks/>

These experiments are quite old. A student is working on a
community performance benchmarking portal, which would make
automatic comparison on many issues and many platforms more easy.
Doing all performance evaluation at one site with many
systems just doesn't scale ;-)

regards, Martin