[Monetdb-developers] Help

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Sep 26 23:19:19 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 04:03:23PM -0400, joseph_sciarra at dofasco.ca wrote:
> I am working on an ORACLE Database and the xqueries I am running take
> forever to run
> Is there anything I can Do??

sure:

1) If oracle is not able to optimize your XQueries such that it can handle
   them, you might of course try to do give oracle a hand and re-write them
   yourself so that oracle *might* be able to handle them.

2) You might also consider purchasing another vendor's product that supports
   XQuery and try out, whether it is more cabable in handling your XQueries.

3) And finally, you're of course welcome to download and try MonetDB/XQuery
   for free; see http://monetdb-xquery.org for more details.

Knowing neither your XQueries not the kind and amount of data you're
querying, I have no clue, which might be "the best" option...

In case you consider option 3), you're welcome to ask for more support via
monetdb-developers at lists.sourceforge.net or monetdb-users at lists.sourceforge.net.

For support concerning options 1) & 2) we refer you to the respective
vendors.

Kind Regards,

Stefan