[Monetdb-developers] MonetDB::CLI: MapiLib alternatives

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Tue Sep 6 10:59:26 CEST 2005

Steffen Goeldner wrote:
> Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
>
>> Steffen Goeldner wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to add a more perlish layer around MapiLib (working title:
>>> MonetDB::CLI). This may look like:
>>>
>> Sounds a bit like the CMapi module in the src/mapi/clients/python/Cimpl
>> directory.
>

> Exactly! Probably, I don't wrap all Mapi functions, but concentrate on
> those I need in DBD::monetdb. And I'll keep an eye on MCL.
> Regarding CMapi.py (from an amateurish point of view): result_error() is
> never used. Shouldn't the query*() methods (and maybe others) check for
> these errors?

I think the code for result sets is newer than CMapi.py.  I guess I only
did the semi-automatic translation from the Mapi interface to CMapi.  I
think that result_error should not check for errors but just return the
value (string) obtained by calling into the library, just as error_str()
does.  And indeed, this method should probably be called to get the
error strings when there is an error in a query.  I'll have to see when
and where that needs to be done.

--
Sjoerd Mullender