[Monetdb-developers] Re: [MonetDB-users] MonetDB Bug-Etiquette

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Thu Nov 24 18:04:16 CET 2005

Stefan Manegold wrote:
> - Test scripts must be named according to the following conventions:
>
>     SF-<bug-report-id>.<descriptive-name>.*

While working with the bugs again, I found out why I did it different
like this before:

<descriptive-name><separator>SF-<bug-report-id><separator>*

The reason for this is twofold:
1) tab completion goes faster for words.  I'm not that good with SF
numbers, sorry.
2) in testweb, the SF bug number will be aligned to the right this way,
and hence is easier to read (as well as the first word of the
description is easier to find this way).

Hence, I'd strongly suggest (I actually propose) to use the format as
used for BugDay and as was in use before.