[Monetdb-developers] Re: [MonetDB-users] MonetDB Bug-Etiquette

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Mon Nov 21 11:26:45 CET 2005

On 21-11-2005 10:58:34 +0100, Niels Nes wrote:
> All okay but your are forgetting one very important problem here. Developers
> do not have the right attitude towards testing. They construct while for
> testing a destructive attitude is needed. So leaving it all to the developer
> as your suggesting will also leave some bugs.

I don't understand this.  The chance that a user has CVS write access is
very small.  I did not intend to suggest that we shouldn't encourage
users to make nice reproduction scripts of their bug(s).  On the
contrary.  I just don't think it's a good idea to have the user check
the script in, unless approved by the dev.